Our online courses are thorough, and convenient.
Our HawkGrips Online courses will provide you with a strong grasp of Instrument Assisted Soft Tissue Mobilization (IASTM) and the confidence to put your new skills to work in your daily practice.
These online courses are developed and managed by expert clinicians with real-life experience in using our techniques and instruments. Whether you are new to the technique or a seasoned practitioner looking to earn some CEUs, our online courses are the perfect choice to elevate and expand your skillset, and your revenue.
Online Level-I: IASTM 101
This 1.5 hour online course covers the basics of Instrument Assisted Soft Tissue Mobilization (IASTM) techniques as a starting point towards professional training. In this introductory course, participants will receive video instruction in the proper use of HawkGrips instruments. The course will address proper instrument selection to address body contours and reach target tissues.
Successful completion of this online course occurs when attendees pass the online final exam. You will receive login information by email after successful payment.
This 1.5-hour introductory course is designed to give an overview of the research and basis for instrument assisted soft tissue mobilization (IASTM). This is a home-study course and therefore does not teach clinicians how to perform IASTM but instead review the relevant physiology and most current evidence on the theories behind IASTM as well as the key fundamentals of the technique. Clinicians should always perform treatments within their clinical scope. At the end of the course, participants will take a quiz to ensure comprehension and must pass with a score of 75% or better.
- List the 4 main theories on how IASTM works
- Theorize safe application of IASTM on a variety of soft tissue dysfunctions given two case studies on the quiz
- List the 6 basic IASTM strokes
- List at least 4 precautions and contraindications to IASTM
- Rationalize appropriate patient response to IASTM given two case studies on the quiz
Trista Barish, MS, ATC: Biography
Trista earned her bachelor’s degree from Boston University (BU) in 2011 and master’s degree from WCUPA in 2013. She completed her thesis work on the effects of IASTM versus massage in alleviating signs and symptoms of delayed-onset muscle soreness. Trista was first exposed to IASTM in 2010 by a preceptor at BU. After years of great results with her athletes by utilizing IASTM, her passion lies in training other clinicians on how to achieve the same positive outcomes.
- Video 1 – PowerPoint recording
- Introduction & Disclaimer
- Disclaimer to inform all participants that the course does not teach clinicians how to perform IASTM
- Review Soft Tissue Injury & relevant physiology
- IASTM Origins
- IASTM Theories & Current Research
- Fundamentals of IASTM
- Precautions & Contraindications
- Product differences
- Beveled edges
- Treatment considerations & expectations
- Review & Conclusion
- Introduction & Disclaimer
- Video 2 – Video of treatment
- Strokes & order of treatment over lateral forearm
- 30-Question Quiz
Video 1 (PowerPoint Recording): 52 minutes
Video 2 (Treatment demonstration): 9 min
30-Question Quiz: approx. 30 min
TOTAL: approx. 1.5 hours
- HawkGrips (P8834) is approved by the Board of Certification, Inc. to provide continuing education for Athletic Trainers. This program is eligible for a maximum of 1 hour of Category A CE. ATCs are responsible for claiming only those hours actually spent in educational programming.
- HawkGrips is recognized by the PACE program of the Federation of Chiropractic Licensing Boards. The following state boards of chiropractic examiners accept courses that have been approved by PACE: AK, ID, IN, IA, KS, ME, MD, MA, MN, MO, NE, NV, NJ, NC, ND, OH, OR, RI, SC, SD, TN, UT, VT, VA, WY, PR.
- HawkGrips is approved by the NCBTMB as a provider for continuing education to offer 1.5 CEUs for this course (#1055, exp. 3/21/2022).
- Approved by the Florida Massage Therapy Board for 1.5 Hours.
- Approved by the Georgia Massage Therapy Board for 1.5 Hours.
- HawkGrips has been approved as an education provider by the Florida Board of Occupational Therapy (CE Provider #: 50-17591).
- Approved by the Maryland Board of Occupational Therapy Practice for 1.5 contact hours (exp. 12/31/19).
- HawkGrips is recognized by New York State Ed. Department’s State Board for OT as an approved provider of OT & OTA continuing education.
- HawkGrips is approved by the FSBPT & ProCert to offer 1 CCU for this course. The following states accept courses that have been approved by FSBPT (exp. 11/30/2019): AK, AZ, AR, CA, CO, DE, GA, HI, ID, IL, IN, KS, KY, MI, MS, MO, MN, MT, NE, NC, ND, OR, PA, PR, SC, TN, UT, VT, VA, WI, WY, and District of Columbia.
- Approved by the Florida PT Board for 1.5 CEUs, exp 12/31/2019 (CE19-626344). Accreditation of this course does not necessarily imply the FPTA supports the views of the presenter or the sponsors.
- Approved by the Maryland Board of Physical Therapy Examiners for 0.1 CEUs.
- HawkGrips is recognized by New York State Ed. Department’s State Board for PT as an approved provider of PT & PTA continuing education.
- Approved by the Texas Board of Physical Therapy Examiners for 1.50 CCUs (63717TX)
- Approved by the West Virginia PT Board for 1.5 hours (HAWK-F19-01, exp 12/31/2019).
*This course is accepted by many professional credentialing organizations and state professional regulatory boards. Rules and regulations change frequently without notification, and apply differently to live and online courses. Please check with your state board to confirm course approval of contact hours. Certificate of Attendance will be issued to all participants upon completion of the course and may be used for CEU verification of credits. CE credits vary by state. Please check with your state board/certifying agency to confirm conversion of contact hours to CE.
Additional online courses are currently being developed.
If you would like to be alerted when the new courses launch, please add your mobile number to the waiting list and we’ll send you a text message alert.
Add me to the waiting list
Add me to the waiting list