This course is eligible for 1 CEU.
Enhance your skills in screening, differential diagnosis, assessment, and management of thumb CMC osteoarthritis. Learn from industry expert Dr. Jim Wagner OTD, OTR/L, CHT, CPAM, CSCS, as he shares evidence-based techniques, including instrument-assisted soft tissue mobilization, to achieve exceptional patient outcomes.
- HawkGrips (P8834) is approved by the Board of Certification, Inc. to provide continuing education for Athletic Trainers. This program is eligible for a maximum of 1 hours of Category A CEs. ATCs are responsible for claiming only those hours actually spent in educational programming.
- HawkGrips is recognized by the PACE program of the Federation of Chiropractic Licensing Boards to offer continuing education for Chiropractors. This program is eligible for 1 CE Hours. Please visit the following link for a list of states that current accept PACE courses: https://pacex.fclb.org/pages/BoardRequirements.php
- This course is not pre-approved for massage therapists.
- This course is currently not pre-approved for CEUs for Occupational Therapists in any states. Some states do not require pre-approval. Licensees can check with their individual state boards on CEU eligibility requirements. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org with questions on whether or not your state needs pre-approval, if you can self-submit, or any other questions.
- This course is offered for up to 1 CEUs for PTs/PTAs in the following states: https://www.redefinehealthed.com/ceuinfo
- This course is subcontracted to Redefine Health Education. RHE is a registered CE approval agency of the PT Board of California, a rule-approved CE provider of the PT Board of Florida (#50-32784), a licensed CE sponsor of physical therapy continuing education by the Illinois Department of Financial & Professional Regulation (IDFPR #216.000360), an approved continuing competence provider by the APTA North Carolina (#22-0729-033), an approved CE provider of the PT Board of New Mexico, and an approved CE provider of the PT Board of Oklahoma (#BAP202310010) and recognized by the New York State Education Department's State Board for Physical Therapy as an approved sponsor of PT/PTA continuing education. In addition to the aforementioned jurisdictions, courses approved by other state boards & APTA chapters will be accepted for licensure credit in all the jurisdictions listed on this webpage, pursuant to regulation: www.redefinehealthed.com/ceuinfo. If you have a specific question about CE credit for this course in your state, please direct your inquiry including the course title in which you are interested, to email@example.com
*If you are a Florida licensee, this is the CE Broker approval # for this course is Live = 20-1010226; On-Demand = 20-1010228
This is a 1-hr on-demand webinar designed for physical therapists, occupational therapists, athletic trainers, massage therapists, and other allied health professionals to enhance their evaluative skills in screening, differential diagnosis, assessment, and management of individuals with thumb CMC osteoarthritis. This live webinar will assist the participant in better assessing and formulating an evidence-based plan of intervention for greater outcomes. The participant will learn differential diagnosis, assessment, and how to incorporate instrument-assisted soft tissue mobilization into clinical practice.
Introduction Portion - 10 minutes Clinical background of - IASTM and thumb CMC OA management - 25 min Clinical Demonstration Portion - 20 minutes Questions & Answers Portion - 10 minutes Quiz - 5 minutes
- Define diagnostic characteristics of an individual with thumb CMC osteoarthritis
- Describe and demonstrate clinical provocative testing to assist in the differential diagnosis of thumb CMC OA
- Demonstrate how to scan and implement IASTM in the management of the individual with thumb CMC OA.