This course is eligible for 1 CEU.
This 1-hr course is designed for clinicians to learn how Blood Flow Restriction can be used following ACL reconstruction to restore post-operative strength deficits. The webinar will cover the latest research in ACL injury/surgery and its clinical implications, the specific strength and power deficits that are present post-operatively, and the foundation of BFR and how it can be applied throughout the continuum of post-operative ACL care to address the deficits identified in the research.
Course Presenter: Laura Ramus, PT, ATC
Laura Ramus is a physical therapist and athletic trainer with over 30 years of experience in sports and orthopedics. She currently serves as the Medical Director for the WNBA Las Vegas Aces.
This 1-hr webinar is designed for clinicians to learn how Blood Flow Restriction can be used following ACL reconstruction to restore post-operative strength deficits. The webinar will cover the latest research in ACL injury/surgery and its clinical implications, the specific strength and power deficits that are present post-operatively, and the foundation of BFR and how it can be applied throughout the continuum of post-operative ACL care to address the deficits identified in the research.
Webinar Recording - 50 minutes
Questions & Answers Portion - 10 minutes
Quiz - 5 minutes
- Understand the most recent research in ACL injury / rehabilitation and what the Clinical Implications are.
- Understand the specific strength and power deficits present post ACL reconstruction.
- Understand the foundation of BFR and the differences in various cuffs and bands.
- Understand how to apply BFR for the post operative ACL patient throughout their continuum of care to address the strength deficits identified in research.
- HawkGrips (P8834) is approved by the Board of Certification, Inc. to provide continuing education for Athletic Trainers. This program is eligible for a maximum of 1 hours of Category A CEs. ATCs are responsible for claiming only those hours actually spent in educational programming.
- HawkGrips is recognized by the PACE program of the Federation of Chiropractic Licensing Boards to offer continuing education for Chiropractors. This program is eligible for 1 CE Hours. Please visit the following link for a list of states that current accept PACE courses: https://pacex.fclb.org/pages/BoardRequirements.php
- This course is not pre-approved for massage therapists.
- This course is currently not pre-approved for CEUs for Occupational Therapists in any states. Some states do not require pre-approval. Licensees can check with their individual state boards on CEU eligibility requirements. Contact email@example.com with questions on whether or not your state needs pre-approval, if you can self-submit, or any other questions.
- This course is offered for up to 1 CEUs for PTs/PTAs in the following states: https://www.redefinehealthed.com/ceuinfo
- This course is subcontracted to Redefine Health Education. RHE is a registered CE approval agency of the PT Board of California, a rule-approved CE provider of the PT Board of Florida (#50-32784), a licensed CE sponsor of physical therapy continuing education by the Illinois Department of Financial & Professional Regulation (IDFPR #216.000360), an approved continuing competence provider by the APTA North Carolina (#22-0729-033), an approved CE provider of the PT Board of New Mexico, and an approved CE provider of the PT Board of Oklahoma (#BAP202310010) and recognized by the New York State Education Department's State Board for Physical Therapy as an approved sponsor of PT/PTA continuing education. In addition to the aforementioned jurisdictions, courses approved by other state boards & APTA chapters will be accepted for licensure credit in all the jurisdictions listed on this webpage, pursuant to regulation: www.redefinehealthed.com/ceuinfo. If you have a specific question about CE credit for this course in your state, please direct your inquiry including the course title in which you are interested, to firstname.lastname@example.org
*If you are a Florida licensee, this is the CE Broker approval # for this course is Live = 20-1137742; On-Demand = 20-1137746
- Choosing a selection results in a full page refresh.
- Opens in a new window.