This 1-hour course discusses the current research evidence and scientific theories behind IASTM. Suggested treatment strategies will also be discussed. This course if for the healthcare provider who desires an evidence-based update of IASTM.
Course Presenter: Dr. Scott W. Cheatham PhD, DPT, ATC
Dr. Scott is a university educator, researcher, and clinician. He is an
international conference presenter and has authored over 140 peer
reviewed publications, textbook chapters, and home study courses on
the topics of sports medicine, orthopedics, fitness, and myofascial
interventions. Dr. Scott is a practicing physical therapist with a board
specialty in orthopedics. His current clinical practice includes sports
medicine, orthopedics, and sports-performance training.
This course is eligible for 1 CEU.
- HawkGrips (P8834) is approved by the Board of Certification, Inc. to provide continuing education for Athletic Trainers. This program is eligible for a maximum of 1 hours of Category A CEs. ATCs are responsible for claiming only those hours actually spent in educational programming.
- HawkGrips is recognized by the PACE program of the Federation of Chiropractic Licensing Boards to offer continuing education for Chiropractors. This program is eligible for 1 CE Hours. Please visit the following link for a list of states that current accept PACE courses: https://pacex.fclb.org/pages/BoardRequirements.php
- This course is not pre-approved for massage therapists.
- HawkGrips is an AOTA Approved Provider of professional development. PD activity approval ID# 8459. This Distance Learning--Interactive, Distance, Learning--Independent activity is offered at 0.1 CEUs, Beginner, OT Service Delivery & Foundational Knowledge. The assignment of AOTA CEUs does not imply endorsement of specific course content, products, or clinical procedures by AOTA.
- This course is offered for up to 1 CEUs for PTs/PTAs in the following states: https://www.redefinehealthed.com/ceuinfo
- This course is subcontracted to Redefine Health Education. RHE is a registered CE approval agency of the PT Board of California, a rule-approved CE provider of the PT Board of Florida (#50-32784), a licensed CE sponsor of physical therapy continuing education by the Illinois Department of Financial & Professional Regulation (IDFPR #216.000360), an approved continuing competence provider by the APTA North Carolina (#22-0729-033), an approved CE provider of the PT Board of New Mexico, and an approved CE provider of the PT Board of Oklahoma (#BAP202310010) and recognized by the New York State Education Department's State Board for Physical Therapy as an approved sponsor of PT/PTA continuing education. In addition to the aforementioned jurisdictions, courses approved by other state boards & APTA chapters will be accepted for licensure credit in all the jurisdictions listed on this webpage, pursuant to regulation: www.redefinehealthed.com/ceuinfo. If you have a specific question about CE credit for this course in your state, please direct your inquiry including the course title in which you are interested, to email@example.com
*If you are a Florida licensee, this is the CE Broker approval # for this course is Live = 20-1118802; On-Demand = 20-1118804
This 1-hour livestream webinar (and then on-demand recording) will discuss the current research evidence and scientific theories behind IASTM. Suggested treatment strategies will also be discussed. This course if for the healthcare provider who desires an evidence-based update of IASTM.
Introduction & Lecture – 50 minutes Q & A – 10 minutes Quiz – 5 minutes
- Participant will be able to discuss the current evidence behind IASTM
- Participants will be able to detail recommended IASTM treatment strategies
- Participants will be able to discuss current IASTM research evidence including
strengths and weaknesses.