This course is eligible for up to 1 CEU.
This is a 1-hr recorded webinar designed for physical therapists, occupational therapists, athletic trainers, massage therapists, and other allied health professionals to enhance their evaluative skills in screening, differential diagnosis, assessment, and management of adults with carpal tunnel syndrome. This course will assist the participant in better assessing and formulating an evidence-based plan of intervention for greater outcomes. The participant will learn differential diagnosis, assessment, and how to incorporate instrument-assisted soft tissue mobilization into clinical practice.
Presenter: Jim Wagner, OTD, OTR/L, CHT, CPAM, CSCS
Dr. Wagner is an occupational therapist/certified hand therapist with 28 years of clinical experience working in the upper extremity orthopedic setting. He received his post professional clinical doctorate from Rocky Mountain University of Health Professions with a specialty in hand therapy. Dr. Wagner is credentialed in physical agent modalities and is a certified strength and conditioning specialist. Jim is currently the team leader of the Guthrie Hand Center and is an adjunct professor at an accredited occupational therapy program.
This is a 1-hr livestream webinar (and then on-demand, recording) designed for physical therapists, occupational therapists, athletic trainers, massage therapists and other allied health professionals to enhance their evaluative skills in screening, differential diagnosis, assessment, and management of adults with carpal tunnel syndrome with an emphasis on utilizing instrument assisted soft tissue mobilization techniques as an adjunctive treatment tool. This live webinar will assist the participant in better assessing and formulating an evidence-based treatment plan for enhanced outcomes through incorporating IASTM. The participant will learn differential diagnosis, assessment, contraindications, and how to appropriately incorporate instrument assisted soft tissue mobilization into clinical practice.
Introduction & Lecture + Clinical Demonstration - 50 Minutes
Q & A - 10 Minutes
Quiz - 5 Minutes
- Define diagnostic characteristics of carpal tunnel syndrome
- Describe and demonstrate clinical provocative testing to assist in differential diagnosis of CTS.
- List at least 3 contraindications to IASTM.
- Demonstrate how to scan and implement IASTM in the management of the individual with carpal tunnel syndrome.
- HawkGrips (P8834) is approved by the Board of Certification, Inc. to provide continuing education for Athletic Trainers. This program is eligible for a maximum of 1 hours of Category A CEs. ATCs are responsible for claiming only those hours actually spent in educational programming.
- HawkGrips is recognized by the PACE program of the Federation of Chiropractic Licensing Boards to offer continuing education for Chiropractors. This program is eligible for 1 CE Hours. Please visit the following link for a list of states that current accept PACE courses: https://pacex.fclb.org/pages/BoardRequirements.php
- This course is not pre-approved for massage therapists.
- This course is currently not pre-approved for CEUs for Occupational Therapists in any states. Some states do not require pre-approval. Licensees can check with their individual state boards on CEU eligibility requirements. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org with questions on whether or not your state needs pre-approval, if you can self-submit, or any other questions.
- This course is offered for up to 1 CEUs for PTs/PTAs in the following states: https://www.redefinehealthed.com/ceuinfo
- This course is subcontracted to Redefine Health Education. RHE is a registered CE approval agency of the PT Board of California, a rule-approved CE provider of the PT Board of Florida (#50-32784), a licensed CE sponsor of physical therapy continuing education by the Illinois Department of Financial & Professional Regulation (IDFPR #216.000360), an approved continuing competence provider by the APTA North Carolina (#22-0729-033), an approved CE provider of the PT Board of New Mexico, and an approved CE provider of the PT Board of Oklahoma (#BAP202310010) and recognized by the New York State Education Department's State Board for Physical Therapy as an approved sponsor of PT/PTA continuing education. In addition to the aforementioned jurisdictions, courses approved by other state boards & APTA chapters will be accepted for licensure credit in all the jurisdictions listed on this webpage, pursuant to regulation: www.redefinehealthed.com/ceuinfo. If you have a specific question about CE credit for this course in your state, please direct your inquiry including the course title in which you are interested, to email@example.com
*If you are a Florida licensee, this is the CE Broker approval # for this course is Live = 20-1010252, On-Demand = 20-1010262
- Choosing a selection results in a full page refresh.
- Opens in a new window.